Sunday, December 27, 2015

Doll Background Tutorial

Several months ago I did a tutorial on my other blog on how to make a doll background or play set. I thought that I would post it here on this blog in case anyone missed it. I sometimes like to use these backgrounds when I take photos of my doll clothes that I sell on my Etsy shop but they are also great to use as doll rooms to play with. The great thing about these backgrounds is that you can fold them away under a bed and they don't take up a lot of space.

First you will need a big cardboard box or one of those cardboard display boards for school projects works nice too.
One big cardboard box will make two rooms. I just cut the tabs off and cut the box in half lengthwise.

Then once I have my cardboard box cut, (it would probably be easier if you just used a cardboard display then you wouldn't have to cut it) I can choose some pretty pieces of scrapbook paper to use as wallpaper. You could also cover it with some Contact paper if you like.

After I chose my paper, I can piece it together on my cardboard and glue it on with a glue stick. Make sure that the edges are glued down real good.


Next, I put a coordinating piece of scrapbook paper on the bottom half and glued it down. Then I made a little window at the top. I cut a scene out of a magazine and used a piece of construction paper as the window pane. I found that the magazine Southern Living has a lot of good pictures for scenery.


Here's an example of the background that I made.


And here is one of the sets that I made being used as a doll room.
I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial. And maybe you might want to try one for yourself. They are really much more inexpensive than making a whole doll house.


No comments:

Post a Comment