Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!

On this last day of 2015, I thought that I would review what's been going on with me and my dolls. This has been a great year but it has not been a year without some sadness too. In April, I lost my dad to cancer. It really put a damper on my doll clothes business. For several months after we found out that he had cancer and that it was terminal, I just did not have a will to sew. It took a lot of joy out of everything that I did. I went on and lived my life as usual but without the joy that I used to get out of it. Anyone who has lost someone that they loved would probably understand. And then when he passed away, it took me several months afterwards to be able to get back in the swing of things. But I finally recovered and I'm ready for an even better 2016. I had 2 great craft shows this year. I usually only do the one craft show but I'm wanting to do more now. I really like being able to talk to people face to face. The Etsy shop is great but I really like to interact with live customers. But don't worry Etsy shoppers, I'm not giving up my Etsy shop anytime soon. I also love it when I get a sale with Etsy. I love to hear that little "ca-ching" that sounds on my IPAD. One thing that I got for Christmas that will really help me to stay on top of my blogging, is my HP laptop. We had an old Vista computer that was about to bite the dust. My daughter was constantly on it so instead of fighting with her for the computer, I would just wait when she wasn't on it. I also got a JoAnn's gift card from my mom so I can spend that on making plenty of doll outfits for next year. I also bought myself a new American Girl doll. I got Mary Ellen. She is so cute. I'll be sure to make lots of 50's inspired outfits. Also, be on the look out for more tropical themed outfits for the newest GOTY doll. My latest outfit is one that I just finished and listed today in my Etsy shop. It is a Red Holiday Party dress. This dress would make a great gift for Valentine's Day.



 
My newest doll Mary Ellen



My latest outfit Red Holiday Party Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment